News & Topics in Our Community
Celebrate National Disability Voter Registration Week 2019 with California's Disability Organizing Network
June 26, 2019
Disability Organizing Network joins REVUP in celebrating National Disability Voter Registration Week by launching a non-partisan, statewide, community organizing effort to highlight organizations and groups that increase voter accessibility, registration, and engagement. We are using the hashtag #DisabilityVoteCA!
What Is The Goal?
To organize, highlight, and amplify the collective power of Californians with Disabilities and our vote while joining the national efforts of REVUP and National Disability Voter Registration Week to ultimately increase voter turnout.
When Is National Disability Voter Registration Week? July 15th-19th, 2019
Where Are We Celebrating? Online and in our communities. Partners can join our social media campaign #DisabilityVoteCA as well as hosting local events, registration drives, community meetings and more.
Who Can Participate? Everyone. It’s not just for independent Living Centers, disability organizations, service providers, community groups, activist or/and artist collectives. We invite anyone and everyone who wants to increase voter turnout to participate!
Amplify your advocacy! Learn from and connect with other advocates across the state. This will help pave the way for what is ahead: the 2020 Census and upcoming elections. Sign Up As A Partner.
Ways To Participate As A Partner:
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Spotlight local leaders (Individuals and Organizations)
- Be sure to use the hashtag #DisabilityVoteCA
- IN PERSON: Host a local meeting, event, training, or registration drive.
- Take photos and capture stories! Share via on social media with #DisabilityVoteCA or email the photos and stories to the Disability Organizing Network: <email@example.com>
What the Disability Organizing Network Provides:
- An easy guide that includes social media spotlight ideas, sample activities, and resources.
- Accessible social media materials: graphics and sample language
- An exclusive technical support session and one-on-one support available from July 8th-12th, 2019.
- Increased visibility for your organization and opportunity to build new partnerships.
Sign Up As A Partner: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019disabilityvoteca
- July 5th, 2019: Deadline to complete the Disability Organizing Network Partner Join Form
- July 9th from 1-2PM: Partner Support Session (The session is free, but only for those who register as partner organizations.)
- July 8th-12th, 2019: One-on-one support available
- July 15th-19th, 2019: National Voter Registration Week #DisabilityVoteCA
About REVUP - REVUP stands for Register! Educate! Vote! Use your Power! launched by the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) in 2016. It is a nonpartisan initiative that coordinates with national, state, and local disability organizations to increase the political participation of the disability community while also engaging candidates and the media on disability issues. The Campaign focuses on voter registration, education, access, and engagement.
Click here to learn more about the Disability Organizing Network.
Gratitude and credit to the first official use of #DisabilityVoteCA during the 2018 launch of www.disabilityvoteca.org from The Arc of California, California State Council on Developmental Disabilities, and Disability Rights California.
For more information and/or any questions, contact Allie Cannington (916) 606-5300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
#DisabilityVoteCA Social Media Guide (Docx)
1) Change your social media profile photo to include #DisabilityVoteCA: Twitter | Facebook.